Upgraded to 6.8.2 and now some HD's have gone missing

Hello everyone-

I have been running UnRAID for at least 2-3 years now on this setup without issues.  I upgraded to 6.8.2 and failed to reboot until maybe a day or 2 later.  When I rebooted my system it came up saying it was missing a hard drive.

I started the array and it says it's running the missing drive in emulated mode (as you would expect), and as soon as I saw that, I initiated a shutdown of the array, and it has just been sitting there.

I talked with my friend GuyGG on this forum who got me into Unraid and has been using it for quite a while, and he said to let it sit in this state and run diagnostics and make a post.  So I am hoping one of you fine folks can help me out.  I have also noticed my cashe drive also seems to be missing (a SSD) - so maybe it's a controller issue?

Weirdly enough, the SSD is running on internal controller same as cage.  So maybe I got lucky and it's not the hard drive.  Anything you guys can do to help.  I don't want to touch anything until I know what to do here.

It currently is sitting in this state.

image.thumb.png.9b174234da42f07dcb6258f245d6a2bb.png

unraid-diagnostics-20200204-2143.zip

Edited by johnny.ink
adding picture
22 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

SATA controller has 2 ports set as IDE, usually ports 5/6, set them to SATA/AHCI in the bios, IDE mode causes issues with these AMD chipsets, after that please post new diags.

How should I shut down UnRAID since it's currently "stopping", just power it off via power button?  and not to be dense, but I assume running the array in degraded mode is not the best, so until this comes up clean / is resolved, keep the array down Johnnie.Black?

Edited by johnny.ink
7 minutes ago, johnny.ink said:

How should I shut down UnRAID since it's currently "stopping", just power it off via power button?

If it's not stopping with the GUI try typing powerdown on the console, it will force a shutdown after the few seconds (60 by default), if it still doesn't shutdown then you'll need to force it, but this is likely unrelated to current problem.

8 minutes ago, johnny.ink said:

but I assume running the array in degraded mode is not the best, so until this comes up clean / is resolved, keep the array down

If possible yes.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

If it's not stopping with the GUI try typing powerdown on the console, it will force a shutdown after the few seconds (60 by default), if it still doesn't shutdown then you'll need to force it, but this is likely unrelated to current problem.

If possible yes.

Thanks.  I'll do so tonight and upload new diags.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 10:40 AM, johnnie.black said:

SATA controller has 2 ports set as IDE, usually ports 5/6, set them to SATA/AHCI in the bios, IDE mode causes issues with these AMD chipsets, after that please post new diags.

I finally got time yesterday to make those changes in the BIOS.  Strangely enough, my old (8+ year SSD Corsair HDD) stopped being seen at the same time as the application of 6.8.2.  Took it out, booted up the system, and UnRAID saw the missing HD. No smart errors on the drive, so rebuilt the array, and we are good.

Taking this as a sign to do an upgrade to my UnRAID server since it's 10 years old.  So doing that today :)

unraid-diagnostics-20200216-1458.zip

Edited by johnny.ink