UEFI on Supermicro X7SBE?

Would anyone happens to know if the Supermicro X7SBE with Phoenix BIOS 1.2a supports UEFI boot mode?  I could not see anything in the BIOS to indicate so, but I was hopping that it naturally supports it.  Haven't been able to find any documentation regarding UEFI support for the X7SBE either.

I am hoping to speed up the loading of unRAID at boot time.

3 hours ago, mifronte said:

I am hoping to speed up the loading of unRAID at boot time.

I can't found UEFI would boot faster then Legacy. If longer boot was due to storage controller optrom active, you should try disable it in mainboard BIOS.

Note : I disable it in CSM or UEFI, so no storage optrom enable or scanning disk during system boot.

Edited by Benson

S

4 hours ago, Benson said:

I can't found UEFI would boot faster then Legacy. If longer boot was due to storage controller optrom active, you should try disable it in mainboard BIOS.

Note : I disable it in CSM or UEFI, so no storage optrom enable or scanning disk during system boot.

The problem is not with the system boot, but with loading bzroot.  I read a post somewhere that loading bzroot in UEFI is quick, but in Legacy is super slow.

Anyway, I found out that my X7SBE with the Phoenix 1.2a BIOS does not support UEFI.  So I am stuck with a slow loading of bzroot.

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Check that USB ports are set to 2.0, USB 1.0 is very slow booting, like mentioned UEFI it's not faster. 

The only USB related settings in the BIOS is Legacy USB Support (Enabled or Disabled).  It is currently Enabled, if I set this to Disabled, would it force the USB ports to always operate at 2.0?  The motherboard specs says it supports USB 2.0 and 1.1.

The only other related USB settings in the BIOS is to allow the back panel USB ports to wake up the system.