When to replace the USB flash drive???

As I looked back into my old e-mail..  I've been running Unraid for over 10 years now!!!  I upgraded to pro back in April of 2009!  I can't find the original Purchase..  but it must have been before that!  Anyway..   I'm still using the original flash drive I started with.  I do have a second key and drive.. (It's probably not up to date  - Must add to todo list! And I'm not sure where it is LOL)

When should I think about preemptively replacing the flash drive?  It's a 1GB Drive that's about 1/2 full..

And a big Kudos to Tom and Limetech guys for such a great product and kudos for such a super great community!

Jim

I would not bother replacing the flash drive just because it is old!    Now that transferring the licence to another flash drive is automated and quick it seems needless.

what you might want to do as ‘just in case’ are:

• ensure that you have a backup of your current flash drive so that you can easily transfer all your current configuration to a new one.   The backup would be done either by putting the flash drive into another machine to copy its contents, or by clicking on it on the Main tab of the Unraid GUI and selecting the option to download a backup as a zip file.  This is the important thing to have and you should update such a backup any time you make a significant change.
  • it might be a good idea to have a spare empty flash drive available.     However if you could live with your server being down while you got a replacement delivered even that may be overkill.