Unable to write to Disk

Hi,

I use Unraid primarily for running plex and am having issues writing to one of my folders. The file I'm trying to write is for a TV show which is stored on disk 1 , which is full. 

My share settings are set to High-water and are formatted xfs. After some investigation on the forums I believe my issue is because my Minimum Free Space was set to 0. I have since changed this to 200GB but am still having issues. 

Is it the Split Level? This concept confuses me sometimes. Right now its set to Automatically Split only the top two directory levels as required. My name structure is "TV Shows>Show>Season>Episode

Thanks

syslog.txt

1 minute ago, thogarth said:

Hi,

I use Unraid primarily for running plex and am having issues writing to one of my folders. The file I'm trying to write is for a TV show which is stored on disk 1 , which is full. 

My share settings are set to High-water and are formatted xfs. After some investigation on the forums I believe my issue is because my Minimum Free Space was set to 0. I have since changed this to 200GB but am still having issues. 

Is it the Split Level? This concept confuses me sometimes. Right now its set to Automatically Split only the top two directory levels as required. My name structure is "TV Shows>Show>Season>Episode

Thanks

syslog.txt 130.49 kB · 0 downloads

Split Level is almost certainly your problem.      In the case of Allocation Method, Minimum Free and Split level having contention in choosing a disk then Split Level always wins.   This probably means that Unraid is still trying to put your files onto the disk that is running out of space.   With your current settings once a Season folder has been created on a disk all the episodes will be constrained to that disk.

You are going to need to either relax your Split Level criteria or else manually move some files/folders off the full disk (or both).