adding 2nd GPU

hey all.  I recently deciced to get rid of my rx580 and go with NVIDIA GPU.  I am not a huge gamer, so I got a simple 1650.  then I found out how much a GPU can help on Plex transcoding (and Covid 19).  With only one, I was able to only do plex/folding at home, or VM.  I just went and got a second one so I can run vm through one, and transcoding, etc through the other.  Now, I cant start my vm.  Not a huge deal, I can reinstall, but am I missing anything when I install a 2nd gpu?   VM's were working fine, and transcoding was going well switching back and forth.  Now, I think the transcoding is working but VM's are finiky....

Last weekend I tried to setup BOINC just on my CPU but my VM with a passed through RX 470 kept freezing up. It was weird because I could still ping my VM but nothing else would work. Once I stopped running BOINC and force rebooted my VM it has stayed working fine. I'm not sure what was going on?