[SOLVED] Multiple disk read errors when disks are spun down

I'm having an issue with multiple read errors (over 9 million errors at once!). Disks and cables are/should be fine, array works flawlessly while all disks are spinning. But when disks are spun down, the moment I try to write something or the Mover starts moving data, multiple read errors occur. The only solution I've found on forums was to switch cheap (in that particular case) HBA controller. I'm using LSI SAS 9300-8i connected via LSI CBL-SFF8643-06M cables to SilverStone CS381 backplane. I mean, this HBA controller is neither cheap nor unsupported, in fact many people on forums and on Reddit recommend it. I don't have another HBA controller and would prefer not to change it.

How can I deal with this issue? What is the issue exactly? The odd thing is that after getting millions of errors, Mover successfully moves the data.

myserver-diagnostics-20200324-1251.zip

Edited by AnimusAstralis
My issue has been solved
23 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

First thing you should do is to update the LSI firmware, it's using an ancient release.

P.S. it might require a new config if the disks ID string changes.

Thanks! I knew that I was missing something obvious. 🤦‍♂️ I guess multiple forum threads on the hardships of flashing controller's firmware made me refrain from updating it. This is also why I chose the device that works out-of-the-box and considered that I shouldn't 'fix' it if it works already. Ultimately firmware update process happens to be much easier than it seems at first glance.