Cache disk no longer assigned?

Hellu,

I just updated to 8.3 from 8.2 and after reboot I noticed that no dockers was running.

After some looking around I then realized that the SSD cache disk was missing... I changed port on the SSD to see if I could still find it and it did. I then changed back to it's original port and it still shows up. So I have no idea what happened there, anyways now my cache driver is unassigned.

How do I... get it back to how it was? I'm kinda sure all the dockers was installed on that disk 👀

So I'm kinda hoping I'm able to just "hey, this is the disk you used before, just continue like nothing happened" so I don't have to set up everything from scratch.

• 2 months later...

So I have something similar I thing. 

I installed new raid controller and set it to hba mode (for now). After restart my cache drives are not assigned (but visible in unassigned devices) - data and parity disks were assigned correctly. Can I just assign disks to cache again. It was a cache pool with 4 drives. 

1 hour ago, salcio said:

So I have something similar I thing. 

If they were unassigned after changing the controller the device identifications might have changed, if that's the only change you can re-assign them but only after starting the array without them so Unraid can forget the old pool config, then before re-starting the array you need to re-assign all the pool members and there can't be any "data on device will be deleted at array start" warning, but note that some RAID controllers make changes to the MBR and/or don't use the full partition size in which case the pool would might be unmountable.