mce: [Hardware Error] -- What's going on?

Been seeing a few of these in my System Log:

Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: [Hardware Error]: CPU:0 (17:31:0) MC27_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|-|-|-|-|SyndV|-]: 0x982000000002080b
Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: [Hardware Error]: IPID: 0x0001002e00001e01, Syndrome: 0x000000005a020009
Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: [Hardware Error]: Power, Interrupts, etc. Extended Error Code: 2
Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: [Hardware Error]: Power, Interrupts, etc. Error: Error on GMI link.
Apr 17 08:38:58 NYCMedia kernel: [Hardware Error]: cache level: L3/GEN, mem/io: IO, mem-tx: GEN, part-proc: SRC (no timeout)

The system doesn't crash. Should I be worried? Any idea what this means?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

It appears to be a ryzen issue and the speed of your memory  https://forums.unraid.net/topic/85671-machine-check-events-error/?tab=comments#comment-794266

Impressions can be misleading.  I'm an ass :)  

Thanks. Ram is 256 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz. I was running it at those speeds with the built-in XMP/DOCP profile. Is that considered overclocking?

I down clocked the ram to 2800MHz and FCLK to 1400 MHz. Keep you posted.

Edited by ensnare
On 4/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, civic95man said:

You also had a call trace linked back to macvlan.  That seems to be a common issue when assigning a static IP to a docker container.  Sometimes the kernel recovers and life goes on, other times the system can hang.  

Is there another way to safely assign a static IP to a docker container?

23 hours ago, ensnare said:

Is there another way to safely assign a static IP to a docker container?

You can *try* to assign the container a static IP with your router using a reserved list based on MAC address (via DHCP) - assuming you are using a bridge interface.  But I've heard that when the container gets destroyed, the MAC address changes as well, but I never investigated this further.

I do this with PLEX so that I have a static IP for portforwarding without the risks/drama associated with those call traces.

Just now, civic95man said:

You can *try* to assign the container a static IP with your router using a reserved list based on MAC address (via DHCP) - assuming you are using a bridge interface.  But I've heard that when the container gets destroyed, the MAC address changes as well, but I never investigated this further.

I do this with PLEX so that I have a static IP for portforwarding without the risks/drama associated with those call traces.

Super-helpful again, thanks. Is there is a way to hardcode a mac address when creating a container?

4 minutes ago, ensnare said:

Is there is a way to hardcode a mac address when creating a container?

a real quick search says you could add --mac-address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX to the run command.  That should give you a static mac address for that container.

I'll try this tonight if I remember.

EDIT:  Be sure the mac address is unique to your network (i.e. use the one that docker already assigned to that container)

Edited by civic95man