NFS shares lost from ESX

Hi,

I'm curently trying UnRAID and planning to use it instead of an Ubuntu/zfs solution.

I have an issue, something bugging me a bid, and probably a show stopper for the final migration to UnRAID solution. Here it is

From my VM Wsre environment, I have some VM using disk from a Datastore stored on a NFS on UnRAID. But as soon as I modify a share (SMB or NFS), my VMWare seems to lost communication with the NFS share and my VMS shutdown.

Is it normal that modifying any other share, this affect service on all other share ? even of a different type (SMB vs NFS)

Any idea ? or solution ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Janus said:

Hi,

I'm curently trying UnRAID and planning to use it instead of an Ubuntu/zfs solution.

I have an issue, something bugging me a bid, and probably a show stopper for the final migration to UnRAID solution. Here it is

From my VM Wsre environment, I have some VM using disk from a Datastore stored on a NFS on UnRAID. But as soon as I modify a share (SMB or NFS), my VMWare seems to lost communication with the NFS share and my VMS shutdown.

Is it normal that modifying any other share, this affect service on all other share ? even of a different type (SMB vs NFS)

Any idea ? or solution ?

Thanks

At the moment when you make changes to any share this results in the Samba service being restarted which momentarily disrupts activity on all shares.    There is a feature request outstanding to instead tell Samba to re-read its configuration file rather than restarting the service to avoid this.    I have no idea if the feature request is being actioned, and if so what the ETA might be.