Enabling VMs kills network connection

UnRaid 6.8.3

I temporarily swapped the CPU of my server, and after changing it back to it's original CPU, but with another mainboard, the server never connects to the network when the VM service is enabled.

When the VM service is disabled, everything works fine. After enabling it via the GUI, I do not even get a ping reply from the server. Also, on the local command line of the server, I can not ping anything in my network.

There are two VMs that have auto start enabled. I changed the names of the images to prevent the VMs from starting, which also did not help.

I could not find any similar issues in this forum.

Maybe the new mainboard has some weird setting that interferes with Unraid. It is an ASUS Prime B365M-A.

Thanks for any help!

Everything looks normal to me, no idea what the problem is, you might want to wait a while to see if someone else has an idea, if not try recreating the flash drive: backup current flash, re-create it with the USB tool, only restore super.dat and your key, both are on the config folder.

• 3 years later...

I have this exact issue right now, I know it is 3 years later but is there any way we can reopen this post? I logged in locally via booting to unraid GUI, I then disabled VMs from the settings page and when I boot, all is fine. I can run a continuous ping and the moment I go to settings and try to enable VM Manager again, the whole server loses network connectivity. Cannot ping server, cannot ping out from server.

These are being passed-through to the VM:

-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:05:00.0","id":"hostdev0","bus":"pci.4","addr":"0x0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:05:00.1","id":"hostdev1","bus":"pci.5","addr":"0x0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:05:00.2","id":"hostdev2","bus":"pci.6","addr":"0x0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:05:00.3","id":"hostdev3","bus":"pci.7","addr":"0x0"}' \

The was probably the GPU before but now it's the NIC:

05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I225-V [8086:15f3] (rev 03)

GPU is now device 6:00.0/1/2/3, so just remove or correct that from the XML.