Im going crazy please help(C2SEE)

I know mine took up to 10 minutes to run through the sequence. It would finally boot, but was extremely slow. I took an extra step to clear mine, I do not think it was required, but I had nothing to lose.

1. Took the array off line

2. Unassigned the drive and rebooted the server.

3. Precleared the drive with the jumper off as I didn't install the jumper prior to installing the drive.

4. Rebooted the server (probably not needed, but I wanted to have a semi clean slate after each step).

5. Placed the jumper on pin 7/8 and ran a preclear.

6. Once this preclear was complete I took the array off line and restarted the server to ensure my problem was fixed (which it was).

7. Assigned the drive and it has been great ever since.

As this drive was my parity drive I decided to leave my array off line until after I repaired the drive.

I now know to always install the jumper as soon as the drive comes out of the box.

edited for spelling

Ok another update.

Got everything off the problem drive(woohoo). Formatted in windows works totally fine, and all data was good also.

This is where is gets weird put it back in the unraid box and it STILL does the exact same this as before as shown in the pictures.

Its important to remember this drive it work perfectly fine for days until shut down to add more drives. As part of trying to figure out the

problem I switched the 7/8 pin jumper with another working EARS drive just in case the jumper was bad for some reason and still same result.

Now after reading the input from burtjr I was thinking it might be some jumper issue so I removed the jumper and it boots perfectly!

I replace it with another jumper and it wont boot again! It was working in windows with the 7/8 jumper in place. Do I have to have that

jumper in place for it to work properly? Because at this point it wont seem to work with it no matter what, but at least boots to unraid without it.

Thanks,

Brandon

That is most likely because it was precleared with the jumper off. Have you attempted to preclear with the jumper on? On a side note if it is working fine with the jumper off, do some transfer speed tests and see if the transfer speed is acceptable to you. If so leave the drive as is.

Good to hear you got to the bottom of your problem. I would recommend putting the drive on the shelf for about a month. Version 4.6.1 will support advanced format drives. Upgrade to 4.6.1 when it comes out, preclear the drive using Joe L.'s script (use advanced format switch) and then put it into service.