[SOLVED] ata22 Hard Resetting Link

I'm getting a log error exactly once every hour about ata22 "hard resetting link". I believe that this error is causing all of my docker web interfaces to run extremely slowly. I've seen posts that this could be power or sata power cable related, so I I tried re-seating all of my cables and I'm still getting the error. Is there any way to figure out which disk ata22 is referring to? Diagnostics attached.

helicopter-diagnostics-20200512-1246.zip

Would you mind walking me through how you found out they were Marvell related virtual devices? Just trying to learn.

Do you think it will it throw these errors if I connect my blu-ray drive to the Marvell controller? I'm using only my motherboard's onboard SATA ports at the moment. I've got 8 ports and 7 devices:

4 Data hard drives

1 Parity hard drive

1 Cache SSD

1 Blu-Ray reader/writer

The Marvell controller controls 2 of the ports, so I can leave one empty and hook up the disk drive to it if that would stop the errors.

5 minutes ago, Ccheese4 said:

Would you mind walking me through how you found out they were Marvell related virtual devices? Just trying to learn.

[14:0:0:0]   process Marvell  91xx Config      1.01  -          /dev/sg8 
  state=running queue_depth=1 scsi_level=6 type=3 device_blocked=0 timeout=30
  dir: /sys/bus/scsi/devices/14:0:0:0  [/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.6/0000:0c:00.0/ata14/host14/target14:0:0/14:0:0:0]
[22:0:0:0]   process Marvell  91xx Config      1.01  -          /dev/sg9 
  state=running queue_depth=1 scsi_level=6 type=3 device_blocked=0 timeout=30
  dir: /sys/bus/scsi/devices/22:0:0:0  [/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.7/0000:0d:00.0/ata22/host22/target22:0:0/22:0:0:0]

6 minutes ago, Ccheese4 said:

I'm using only my motherboard's onboard SATA ports at the moment. I've got 8 ports and 7 devices:

In that case some of those ports are from a Marvell controller, since the SSD is currently using one.

Thanks johnnie.black! I shifted all my drives to the non-Marvell controller and everything is working great. My dockers are no longer hanging on their web guis. I had to completely disable the Marvell controller in the bios to get the error to go away, but that's no problem. I'll just have to get a HBA card when I want to hook up my blu ray drive again. Thanks again!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] ata22 Hard Resetting Link