Missing media files

am new to Unraid and been using for about 3 months now. If anyone can help point me in the right direction to a solution or just tell me that there isn't one so I can start the rebuilding process, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Unraid server Plus, version 6.8.3
Gigabyte- GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core @ 3.5 GHz

24GB  RAM

1 - 4TB parity and 3 - 4TB drives for a total 12TB Array

3 - 500 GB drives that form a cache pool

Everything was going well until my cache drive kept getting full to the point that it even when trying to move files, nothing would happen. I was using less than 10% storage on my Array so I could not figure out why my files were not moving from the cache to the array. After trying several times with no success, I came to the incorrect conclusion that they files must already be a part of the array and they are sitting on the cache drive as well for quick access. So my solution was to install another drive to increase the cache pool, a 2TB drive. I didn't have room to add the drive so I removed 1 of the 500 GB cache drives and installed the 2TB drive in place.

When I started the array the 2TB drive and 1 other cache drive started formatting. When finished, I realized that I had made a big mistake and lost quite a few files. I put the 500 GB drive back in and took the 2TB out until I can figure things out. I have also noticed that this has also caused so docker apps not to run as well.

Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read this and/or respond...

tower-diagnostics-20200517-1634.zip

• JorgeB locked this topic