unraid USB problems

i had previously posted i had an error while trying to upgrade from 6.6.6 to 6.8.3 , i was able to roll back and make sure my USB key is on a USB 2.0 port.

however i am having a few issues , for example i cant upgrade any docker images , it says it updates and at this point doesnt need to pull any data to apply updates , for some reason the updates are not applied.

There is also the issue of the i guess docker log size ? or w/e some of that stays the same even after reboot.

i'm not sure of the best solution to sort this out. 

should i do a fresh install and on a new USB key ?

i may as well replace the USB since i purchased a 4GB DOM flash memory module, attaches directly to the usb 2.0 header on MB to help ensure i dont have future USB issues, i dont know if anyone else has used this type of USB drive for unraid thou.

should i just copy my existing 6.6.6 install over to the new USB DOM module and then upgrade?

this is kinda frustrating , thinking it might be best to ask 1st before possibly making more work for myself,

ive not done a fresh install of unraid while having existing storage data and cache data i need to protect so that sorta concerns me.

* i did backup my USB key , docker stuff and VM stuff from the cache drive to storage using some backup utility i cant remember the name of .

any insights would be appreciated.