wrong hd size

Im waiting for my parts to arrive and I figured I would play and preclear my drives. I put 2 2 tb drives on the SATA of an old computer, booted fine, etc. however I am running the preclear script and its telling me that the drives are 137 gb not 2.0 tb... whats wrong here? Its preclearing them now but it thinks they are 137 gb!?!?

thanks,

Reed

nevermind.. i CTRL C'd it and rebooted.. bios shows 137... I guess this computer is too old and been on the shelf too long...

thanks!

Reed

Perhaps a BIOS update is available...  If not, an inexpensive PCI based SATA controller might get some more life out of the older MB.

(It has been a while since the huge disks were smaller than 137Gig.)

... an inexpensive PCI based SATA controller might get some more life out of the older MB.

I would have thought that 2TB drives are SATA only and that a mobo with an old, 137GB restricted, BIOS would not have SATA ports.

This would suggest that the OP is already using a SATA expansion card.

On the other hand, if there really were SATA-equipped mobos prior to support for drives bigger that 137GB, then it is very likely that a suitable BIOS update would have been released.