Had a shucked external SMR 5TB seagate as a data drive, and another one as a parity drive. Bought a new WD Mybook, shukced it, and replaced the old 5TB parity drive with it. Had a power out while rebuilding parity at 38%, and one one of my 5TB died (Disk 1, Data drive) while rebooting and continuing the parity rebuild.

The failed data drive just clicks, not readable in either windows or Linux. I still have the old parity drive, but that is gonna mess up all the files. I was thinking about maybe switching controllers, but it hasn't worked for years unless I get some SMD soldering equipment.

So I'm Fscked? If I put the old config back all the newer files are gonna be meesed up, and that data drive is unnacessible. So besides crying, what are my options?

If i'm reading your post right, you:

• took a valid parity disk offline, to rebuild/replace
  • during that rebuild, you wrote new data to the array, AND had a data drive crap out.

If that's the case, then putting the old parity drive back in, and tagging it as 'valid', *might* get you back some/most/all of the data off the failed data drive, but I'd expect there to be corruption, unless you got *EXTREMELY* lucky and any new data written to the array was:

• written to areas of the non-failed data drive(s) that don't overlap with valid data on the failed drive
  • were writing exclusively to the now failed data drive.

I'd say, you're not really risking anything if you toss a replacement data drive in, toss in the old parity drive and mark it valid, and rebuild the failed data drive.

The data on the other drives won't be changed.

And also... maybe you should consider dedicating some funds to some off-array backup drives.