Unraid is unusable for me because of the docker excessive writes bug destroying my cache ssd. Is nobody bothered by this?

I just want to write off my current frustration with Unraid. I made a system specifically for Unraid about 2 months ago, bought an Unraid license and i seriously love it, big upgrade over maintaining a linux based server distro myself.

My new system currently has an uptime of 50 days. In those 50 days Unraid/Docker has written about 85tb to my brand new 500gb cache ssd! My array consists of 2tb of movies/series and 50gb of Nextcloud space, that’s it!

So this bug has been well known. I can find a good amount of threads talking about this problem on hotmail login Google/Reddit/Unraid forums. Even back in late 2019 and this problem still hasn’t been fixed.

I changed several containers and saw some improvement. But still my Nextcloud setup is writing crazy amounts to my cache drive. I made this system specifically for a Nextcloud setup. But i had to turn it off because i currently see no light at the end of the tunnel. Is this issue even being worked on?

I think my setup is one of the most common ones a typical Unraid user will be using. Home theater (plex, sonarr, usenet etc), plus some form of cloud data management.

If i keep my current Docker setup running my cache drive will have 620tb of writes in a year! I’m kinda disappointed that i paid $89 for something that is killing my $89 ssd at a really fast rate.

Edited by jrjong