Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout - Formatting Fails

Hi Everyone,

I have an 8TB drive that I received from BackBlaze (recovery of another system) as an external USB.  I shucked it and have tried to add it to my array, but there's a message next to the drive that says "Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout."

There is nothing on the drive so I'm not concerned about formatting it - but when I check the box and ask Unraid to format it, it says "formatting" and a handful of seconds later it comes back exactly the same as it was - with the same message and the option to format the drive again.  (I have tried following other forum entries that are similar; I've rebooted, I've added the Unassigned Devices plugin (but it doesn't seem the drive mounts; not sure what to do) and can't figure this out.)

It looks to me like there might be two partitions on the drive:

image.thumb.png.12e36f002d10ba7052799a8a84932ed3.png

How can I resolve this?  I'm not Linux experienced at all but I'm wondering if I can somehow drop to the command prompt and format the disk directly?  (how can I be sure to select the right disk to format if that's the right course of action?)

Thanks,

Russell

Edited by RussellinSacto

Thanks Johnnie,

I swapped both power and data to the drive.  Unraid still failed to format it.

I hooked the drive up to my Windows VM as a USB drive and Windows was happy to format the disk and use it (different cable/power, being USB connected)...

I reconnected it and rebooted back to Unraid and the drive still won't format.  Logs attached again.

palmwood-diagnostics-20200708-2217.zip

What else I can try?  Any possibility that since this was originally a USB drive (before I "shucked" it) that it might have a jumper setting or something odd that I need to check?

Thanks,

Russell

Edited by RussellinSacto