Promise Supertrack EX 4350 and 8350

Just a question, I have a couple of these controllers laying around and wondering if there's a way to get them running with Unraid, as far as i know there are linux drivers available for them just a matter of loading them up in the unraid.

Any thoughts? I hate to have to go out and spend extra $$ for some of those supermicro controllers

Did you mean a SuperTrak 4350 as I couldn't find any info at all on a SuperTrak 4300.  I did find info on the SuperTrak 8300.

The Linux drivers for both cards seem to be last updated in 2007 off the Promise website (Drivers 1, Drivers 2). It looks like they were included in the baseline Linux kernels from then on. It's configuration item is "CONFIG_SCSI_STEX" with a prompt of "Promise SuperTrak EX Series support". (Linux Kernel Driver Information)

Unless you're a Linux expert and able to compile in your own Linux kernel drivers and then modify the unRAID bzimage or run on a full Slackware Distro, your best bet would be sells those cards and replace with a supported card. This will be your easiest and quickest route. Both of those are RAID controllers where as all unRAID needs are SATA controllers. Even if you manage to get the drivers for those cards loaded, there's still a good chance that unRAID won't recognize the drives attached to those cards. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation.

Yes 4350, yes the drivers are from 2007 as those are legacy products I've got kicking around and no I'm no linux expert, trying to reach out to those that are.

Selling the cards is an option but I would like to give it a stab out there to try to get these to work before moving on to selling them and gettign the supermicro.

Did you mean a SuperTrak 4350 as I couldn't find any info at all on a SuperTrak 4300.  I did find info on the SuperTrak 8300.

The Linux drivers for both cards seem to be last updated in 2007 off the Promise website (Drivers 1, Drivers 2). It looks like they were included in the baseline Linux kernels from then on. It's configuration item is "CONFIG_SCSI_STEX" with a prompt of "Promise SuperTrak EX Series support". (Linux Kernel Driver Information)

Unless you're a Linux expert and able to compile in your own Linux kernel drivers and then modify the unRAID bzimage or run on a full Slackware Distro, your best bet would be sells those cards and replace with a supported card. This will be your easiest and quickest route. Both of those are RAID controllers where as all unRAID needs are SATA controllers. Even if you manage to get the drivers for those cards loaded, there's still a good chance that unRAID won't recognize the drives attached to those cards. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation.

For this Topic, if anyone has the expertise,time and is interested to help out with building a unRAID bzimage or a full Slackware Distro with Promise SuperTrak EX Series support I would like to be the test dummy for this as I have multiple cards/drives and currently no data to loose.

I would take a stab myself but from the looks of it it's beyond me with my limited linux experience, I'm sure someone here is brave enough to step out of the box and help out.

Thanks