New to unraid so of course questions

Hey all I am thinking about moving my current plex server which is a desktop running windows 10 to unraid with an attached netapp disk array.  Is there a way to just move the drives with my data on them so that Unraid will see them and the data on them? I do not want to lose data and I dont have extra drives of large enough size at the moment. I am hoping to get a 12TB drive for a parity drive so that I can then use disks up to that size in the array.  IF I use unraid as the OS on the windows desktop how can i get at the data on the drives?

It will not be as simple as just plugging existing drives into an Unraid server and using them with all their data intact.   Unraid will need to partition and format any drives it is going to use so you will need at least one empty drive to get started.    You should be able to attach your existing drives to the Unraid server and mount them via the Unassigned Devices plugin so that the data can then be copied off them.   Once the data has been copied off a disk it can then be added to the Unraid array as additional space.