Permissions issue

Hi guys and gals. 

I am having issues with a drive. I am unable to write to, and also cannot delete or play certain mkv files. 

I have run a permissions test, the results of which were numerous files under this heading:-

'The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings.  This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:'

I have subsequently run

• Docker Safe New Perms &
  • New Permissions

but to no avail - hoping somebody can help! Thanks

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 11.55.03.png

You should provide  your system's diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools -> Diagnostics) attached to your next post so we can get a better idea of what is going on in your system.

My suspicion is that you have file system corruption on disk3 (which is why is mounted read-only).   You can click on the drive on the Main tab to run a file system check/repair.

• Thanks 1

The syslog included in the diagnostics show that you definitely have file system corruption on disk3.  It is full of messages of the form:

Jul 16 16:20:46 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 1693460928. Fsck?
Jul 16 16:20:46 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [682 26889 0x0 SD]
Jul 16 16:20:46 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one 1

Directions on how to proceed are here in the online documentation.  If you are not sure how to proceed at any point then come back and ask further questions.

• Thanks 1