Asus X570 WS Pro-Ace- question regarding bifurcation

Both slot1 and slot2 have the choice between settings

PCI-AUTO - slot works in x16 mode

PCI-RAID - slot can work with the Hyper M.2 X16 extension card, which allows up to four NVMe devices (x4x4x4x4)

There is no specific setting for x8x4x4 of x8x8 mode, but looking at the link you have given, it seems these modes are chosen automatically based on the NVMe slots in use on the extension card. I don't know if this applies to all extension cards or just the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card.

I am using the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card in my main Unraid server which has a Supermicro MB and specific bifurcation settings, while the X570 WS-Pro Ace is used for my workstation.

Both slot1 and slot2 have the choice between settings
 PCI-AUTO - slot works in x16 mode
 PCI-RAID - slot can work with the Hyper M.2 X16 extension card, which allows up to four NVMe devices (x4x4x4x4)

There is no specific setting for x8x4x4 of x8x8 mode, but looking at the link you have given, it seems these modes are chosen automatically based on the NVMe slots in use on the extension card. I don't know if this applies to all extension cards or just the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card.

I am using the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card in my main Unraid server which has a Supermicro MB and specific bifurcation settings, while the X570 WS-Pro Ace is used for my workstation.

I am still not sure -since there is no specific mention of bifurcation- if it will work with anything, I mean not only a raid setup but for example just sharing a 2 x4 nvme and a x8 gpu.
Still debating about this route or the proven x399
Thx for sharing this info.

Sent from my NX569J using Tapatalk