(Solved) HVM No Longer Enabled in Unraid

As the title says, when I click on the system information button, HVM now says Disabled even though my motherboard and CPU support it and I have used it in the past for my virtual machines. I was trying to boot up my Windows 10 virtual machine when it said, "Domain requires KVM, but it is not available." I checked system information and sure enough, it says HVM Disabled, but IOMMU remains Enabled. I have tried to reset my bios to factory specifications and then re-enabled SVM and IOMMU in the BIOS but only IOMMU will enable in Unraid. I even updated my BIOS to the most recent version with no luck. I am on version 6.8.3, is it a bug with this version or is it possibly something with my hardware that has gone wrong? I can post any logs if necessary, not sure what may be required to diagnose this issue.

CPU: AMD FX-8350

MB: Asrock 970 Extreme4

BIOS: American Megatrends, Version P2.80

EDIT: If I boot straight into Windows 10 (not the virtual machine, this is separate from unraid and on its own dedicated SSD), in the task manager it says Virtualization: Enabled. Which leads me to believe it might be a problem with Unraid and not my hardware. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

Edited by stevencolvin

Well I decided to see what was up with it today, and when I clicked on System Information is said that HVM was Enabled. So I tried to start a virtual machine and I got the same message as before. I did a reboot and once again it said HVM Disabled. So I did what you suggested and updated to the recent beta and that seems to have fixed my problem for now. All of my virtual machines now work, and it says Enabled for both HVM and IOMMU. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1