Share is outside the list of designated disks?

Hey everyone,

So far, my Unraid build has been running really well ever since I upgraded the components.  I was going through my shares this evening and I saw a message that my "share is outside the list of designated disks." It shows 0B as being there.  

1) how did I manage to do this?

2) how do I resolve the issue?  I've only selected Disk 4 for that share.

Thanks everyone!

outside.png

1) User shares are simply the top level folders on cache and array, the folder name is the same as the share name. Top level folders on different disks with the same folder name are part of the same share. Lots of different ways you might have created a folder for that share on a different disk. Any settings you make for a share only apply to new files, so if you restricted that share to only certain disks at some point, that wouldn't do anything about any files for the share that already existed on other disks.

2) You can just delete the folder for that share from disk1. Do you know any of the several ways to work directly with the disks?

• Like 1

Thanks @trurl.  I did try using Midnight Commander (mc in the terminal) but couldn't figure out how to delete the folder -- I can see option "8" is delete but how would I do that?

Ended up navigating back to the top and to mnt and then going into Disk 1 and using "rm -r folder\ folder" which did the trick.  Went back into shares and it was not showing the message any longer.

Cheers!

Edited by AdrianF
Added in a question