xfs and btrfs

1257615232_Screenshot_2020-07-31TowerMain.thumb.png.b5ba7298475ca7dd81db364ba1641dc5.png

Had Previous 6.8.0 with 1 12tb data drive as btrfs.  Updated to 6.8.3,  put in original drive and added 6 drives, formatted as btrfs.

Original drive wasnt mountable, so unraid mounted and formatted it as xfs, and then the start button was usable. Clicked start array, and 1 drive was xfs and the other 6 new drives are btrfs.

i've stopped array, tryed to reformat drive to btrfs, statrted array, And drive says unmountable, no file system.

How do i change the original drive from xfs to btrfs ??

Edited by x88dually
forgot to upload file

In unraid 6.8.0, it was formatted as btrfs, couldnt upgrade for whatever reason, now, everytime in unraid 6.8.3 unraid makes it xfs.

i load a drive into this 24 bay case, unraid makes that drive{s} UD. i dont have a choice. So i go from there, killing partition, formatting, mounting, then putting whichever drive into whichever disk # its supposed to be or where i want it to go.

thats wrong ?

Edited by x88dually
1 minute ago, x88dually said:

so i mount the drive, then i click disk # an make file system what i want ?

If it's a new disk it will use the default filesystem set on Settings -> Disk Settings, if you have an array disk and want to change it to a different filesystem then you click on it and change it there, then format at next array start.