[SOLVED] SMB maxing out at 3MB/s

pyron

I'm new to Unraid. I've been comparing Unraid and FreeNAS so far and Unraid seems easier to work with.

However,

The SMB transfer speeds are killing me. I get between 500 KB/s and 4MB/s (typically sitting at around 2-3 MB/s) when accessing via SMB.

I've tested on both Windows and Mac and they're both extremely slow. Transfering a 12 GB movie file takes approximately 1 hour. With speeds like that, the whole NAS system is just unusable.

System Specs:

Ryzen 3600

16GB RAM

WD RED 2x4TB (1 disk, 1 parity)

110 GB SSD for cache

Unraid 6.8.3

I've already tried playing around with Tunable settings and nothing seems to work.

Help.

I also tried `/Shares/Browse` and downloading via HTTP. I still get around ~40 minutes to download that 12 GB file.

Edited by pyron

Oh. I thought I unpublished this topic.

Thanks Johnnie, - I don't know what a `iperf` test is on my LAN, so links might be helpful for newbies when recommending solutions ;)

But for this specific issue - I found that adjusting the Tunable settings did the trick for me. After restarting, I discovered that this was a combination of slow wifi and slow SMB. After fixing SMB it seemed that nothing changed, when really - I had to also fix WiFi :)

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] SMB maxing out at 3MB/s