Replaced my parity drive but the parity partition didn't increase in size

SOLVED:

The controller those drives were plugged into is limited to 2TB. What's dope as hell on the Z800 is that there's 6 more slots, that are an Intel SATA controller, and thanks to firmware updates over time, it is not limited to 2TB. So now I am rebuilding parity on the 12TB disk.

Here's a Photo of the controllers in a Z800: https://imgur.com/a/oY5auON

Original Question:

I had a set of 4 drives, 3x2TB and 1x3TB Parity drive (as well as a cache SSD) and I just recently purchased some new 12TB drives.

I went to replace the parity drive by:

• Verifying Good Parity
  • Shutting down all VMs
  • Shutting down all Containers
  • Stopping the Array
  • Swapping the 3TB Drive for the 12TB Drive
  • Starting up, rebuilding parity

But the parity partition is still only 2.2TB. What's worse is that I followed the same procedure to replace a data drive, with the additional step of having unassigned that drive first, but it's partition is also only 2.2TB.

How do I increase the parity partition size to take up the whole 12TB disk?

Here's a screenshot of my data drive rebuilding from parity:

https://imgur.com/a/sPXTnzN

Edited by alexholliz
15 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, SAS1 LSI HBAs are limited to 2TiB, you can use the Intel SATA ports if available or get a SAS2/3 LSI HBA.

You were absolutely correct, the controller those drives were plugged into is limited to 2TB. What's dope as hell on the Z800 is that there's 6 more slots, that are an Intel SATA controller, and thanks to firmware updates over time, it is not limited to 2TB. So now I am rebuilding parity on some 12TB disk. (Then I have to do this same process to the other new data drive, as it was rebuilt on the old controller.) I am going to swing by tomorrow and post pics of the 2 controllers, and make sure that anyone who stumbles into this thread doesn't feel as lost as I did to start.