Win10VM works great except when I load vbios, why?

I am new to VM's, but I've learned a lot here and from watching Spaceinvader and others.

I have a Windows 10 VM running off a passed through NVMe drive, a passed through 1050ti, and a USB controller passed through (full system is in sig).  Everything works great.  However, I have never been able to access Windows 10 if I load Nvidia's vbios.  unRAID says the Win10 VM is running, but I get no HDMI picture and nothing with Splashtop (noVNC has never worked).  This was actually one of my hangups because I thought I HAD to use the vbios and I tried for a couple days to get it to work.  The first time the VM loaded with the 1050ti was when I was like, "what the heck, I'll try no vbios."  I then had to load the Nvidia drivers and use MSI_util to get rid of the "demonic sound," but that was it.

So I watched Spaceinvader's video "Advanced GPU passthrough techniques on Unraid" and tried things out.  I was successful putting both sound and video from the 1050ti on the same virtual bus using multidevice='on'.  That said, I decided to again try and get a vbios to work with my VM and have again been unsuccessful.  I have removed the header from the Nvidia vbios so I've also attached one of the three vbios' I have tried for my card.

I've attached my current working XML and an example of one of the things I have tried while running an Nvidia vbios and failing to boot.  If anyone can see if there is anything wrong with my XML I'd greatly appreciate it.

That aside, considering the machine is running well, would adding the vbios for the 1050ti actually improve anything since I don't want to use a different vendor bios?

Thanks and kind regards,

craigr

Inno3D.GTX1050Ti.4096.161227.rom

not working XML (with vbios).xml

working XML (no vbios).xml

Edited by craigr
Uploaded wrong XML files (ooops ​🥃​)

A kind user pointed out that I uploaded two XML files last night neither of which had a ROM file in them for the vbios (maybe a little too much 🥃).  I have corrected the original post to show my current working XML and one version that I tried with a vbios file in the XML.

Again, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

craigr

Edited by craigr

So it turns out that it was the rom files from techpowerup.com that were not correct.  I downloaded my own actual BIOS from the video card using the command prompt and the VM starts perfectly with my own rom file.  Just goes to show, you can't always trust techpowerup even after removing the header.

If anyone needs a rom file for an Inno3D GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB that will actually work, I have attached it here.

Hope this helps someone else.

Best,

craigr

Inno3D.GTX1050Ti.4096.(version_86.07.59.00.1B).rom

Edited by craigr
addedd rom file for download