HD's not reconnized

Looking for some help

this is going to get long but I want to give as much info as I can to keep from having redundant replies

I have 8 8tb drives(combination of WD red and White drives), all where bought in April of last year and all have been in my server since

about 3 weeks ago something happened and the server (raid controller) would not see the drives.

What I found is if I reboot and as the post is coming up I goto the raid controller bios and scan for the drives it will find them BUT they are greyed out, I cant do anything with them and it says no arrays found

If I power cycle the drives (BUT NOT the server) and rescan for the drives they come up I can init them and do whatever I want but when I exit and the machine reboots as it posts it will say no drives/arrays found and again unraid does not see anything

I can then power cycle the drives (BUT NOT THE SERVER)

wait for unraid to see the drives do a new confi setup

assign the drives, format built the shares and copy data to them

BUT if I power cycle/reboot the server the whole thing starts all over again and when I get to unraid it cant see them

I power cycle the drives it sees them I start the array and it says it has to format the drives again and I loose everything thats on them.

>

Now if I pull the 8tb drives and just go with some standard WD desktop drives everything works fine.

>

Remember this has been running for over a year on the 8tb drives with no issues until 3 weeks ago

>

pin3 mod does not make a difference

All of the 8tb drives and be placed in my standard pc formated and used with no issues

I have tried using HBA mode and building an array out of the drives

It does the same thing either way

Anyone seen this before or have any idea what is going on