Is this share/file set up correctly???

SPOautos

I have a "media" share created. Inside of that share I have 3 folders....movies, series, music. However, when I click on shares then drill down to see these three folders, over to the right under "Location" they all say "Disk 1".....is that correct? Does that mean they will only save on Disk one as opposed to being spread out in the array? I have two disks and a parity disk that make up the array and I thought the data on the shares basically gets spread out on the two disks.  Just checking to make sure there isnt a wrong setting somewhere.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

It sounds as though all the current files are on disk1, but that is not inherent.   How files get distributed depends on the settings you put on a share.    You might want to try turning on the GUI help to see joe the settings interact.

When I created the share I just gave it a name and selected it to use cache (a NVME).  Where it says the location, is that informative, telling me what location data is on....or is it based on a setting like a restriction?  For instance, since there is barely any data, its basically just a blank folder, it shows "disk 1" because at this point, just being a folder it is all on disk 1....but once I have a lot of data and it starts to spread it out maybe it will show "disk 1, disk 2" or something like that?  OR is it just showing me where all of the data will be stored at?

Edited by SPOautos

There are various settings on a share that control file placement.    They are Allocation method, Split Level and Minimum Free Space.   You need to read up on these to see what they do.    The default values would have Allocation Method set to ‘High Water’ which would send files to the largest disk until it is half full which sounds like the position you are in.