Issues With SAS Drives

Magiverous

Hi

I recently installed some SAS drives in my server  and I have 2 minor issues I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

Firstly, none of the drives are showing any temperature info on the dashboard

Secondly, none of the drives show as 'spun up' despite them being active and in some cases transferring data.  The smart section greys out the boxes and says they need to be spun up to run tests and turbowrite treats them as spun down when selecting write mode.

Other than that they work absolutely fine.

Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

GUI SMART tests don't work on SAS drives, you can still run them manually.

The lack of temperature issue is a smartctl problem/bug, it should be fixed on an upcoming release.

Ah ok.  ANy idea on the whole unraid thinking that the drives are spun down bit? I assume because it thinks they already are, it's never going to spin them down in the normal course of events?

Cheers again for the help.

16 minutes ago, Magiverous said:

ANy idea on the whole unraid thinking that the drives are spun down bit?

Do you mean in the main page or SMART test page? It's normal on the SMART test page, on the main page I believe it should show correctly, but note that by default stats are only update every 30 minutes, that can be changed on disk settings.

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Do you mean in the main page or SMART test page? It's normal on the SMART test page, on the main page I believe it should show correctly, but note that by default stats are only update every 30 minutes, that can be changed on disk settings.

The green dots are present when spun up on the 'Main' page but I also noticed that in the settings for the 'turbowrite' plugin they count as spun down towards the 'Data Drives Spun Down: (as of last poll)'.  I'm just worried that if unraid thinks that they are already spun down, it won't spin them down normally in line with my settings.