Write Error Help Needed

Mr_Jerkwad

Hey all, first, thanks for any help you can offer. I've attached logs. I'm not really sure where to go from here so I am grateful for any help. The short here is, this is an unraid installation that's been working fine for about 2 months. I'm new to unraid but am pretty tech savvy. Last month I had a drive red x for a write error on me, checked cables, smart seemed fine. Moved on and it again errored, so I swapped cables and moved it to a new sata controller. Again, errored. So at this point I bought a new drive and ran both through preclear, both passed. So I took the new drive, 8tb, and moved it to parity and moved the parity drive and re-added the write failed drive. Things humming along fine for a week. Now I get another red x, this time for another drive. 

I'm pretty familiar with hard drives and smart logs, but not super familiar with anything that touches the controller, or unraid in general.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. My 6TB drives are all 2 years old, they all seem to have fine SMART except for frequent CRC errors. Is that a motherboard issue? PSU? I would think its not the motherboard since I got the same error with the first drive on a different sata controller.

Disk 2 is the drive that failed recently, disk 4 is the older one.  I have attached smart and system logs. 

TOSHIBA_HDWE160_587BK4J0F56D-20200923-1323 disk2 (sdd) - DISK_DSBL.txt TOSHIBA_HDWE160_18RBK3Y9F56D-20200923-1323 disk4 (sdc).txt syslog.txt

Edited by Mr_Jerkwad