[SOLVED] Ugh - Passed through USB boot drive to autostart VM

JukeBug

I was trying to pass through the USB ports to a Windows VM and didn't realize I had also passed through the Unraid boot USB. Unfortunately the VM is set to autostart. I have a somewhat recent backup, but do I have any other options since I have made a lot of progress over the past few days on VMs and dockers? Is there any XML I can change or isos I can rename (I have seen this suggested a couple places, but don't know how)? I have searched all over but am a bit lost on this. Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately I still appear to be losing USB connectivity after changing the disk config. Unraid boots up and gets to the tower login, but the keyboard does not appear to be connected. I cannot remote into the GUI either. I have double checked that the disk config reads startArray=no. I have tried booting in every mode possible (GUI and safe mode) but the USB keyboard/mouse cuts off.

Could the VM still be starting up, cutting off the UNRAID disk and all USB ports? Or am I misunderstanding the process to fix this? I managed to get the VM tweaked almost perfectly through these forums and SpaceInvaderOne videos, but then made a stupid mistake at the last second. If it will be easier to go to the backup of the UNRAID drive, I could go that route and start over with the migration of a Plex docker and VM setup. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I never would have figured that out on my own. The plugin support thread alerted me which file to delete in the config folder, so I am now able to remote into the GUI again. This community is so great because of people like you.

In case anyone stumbles across this thread after making the same boneheaded mistake I did, you can safely delete the /config/vfio-pci.cfg file on the unraid drive to remove any changes made by the VFIO PCI Config app.

• Like 2
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Ugh - Passed through USB boot drive to autostart VM
  • 1 year later...