[6.8.3] Cache Drive "Unmountable: No file system" After Unraid Restart

I recently installed a Samsung SSD as a Cache drive. When I first started up Unraid with the drive installed it showed up as "Unmountable: No file system". Looking through some other forum topics I got it formatted and set up. I set appdata and system to prefer Cache, ran mover. Everything has been working fine from that point.

I just shutdown Unraid to check some BIOS settings (unrelated to Cache, messing with fans and power control).

When Unraid started back up, my Cache drive is mounted, but again shows "Unmountable: No file system". My appdata, system, and other Shares that are on the Cache are missing from the Shares tab. And on the Main tab the Cache drive shows down at the bottom as an "Unmountable disk present", wants me to format it to create a file system.

I've already done all of that. The Cache drive has been working. Is there a way to get everything back? Or am I SOL and have to reformat and just lost everything that was on there? Either way, is something set up wrong, or how do I prevent this in the future?

Thanks!

(diagnostics attached)

awesomeserver-diagnostics-20201021-1540.zip

Is there a way to find out? I don't know for sure what it was formatted as. The disks in my array are all xfs - encrypted, so that is what I should have selected when formatting.

I've tried stopping the array, and changing the file system type of the Cache Disk. I apply the change, start the array, and the Cache Disk still always just says "Unmountable: No file system", regardless of which file system type I set it to.

Ok, so I ran those, and they showed the Cache Drive as being btrfs. I tried setting it to btrfs - encrypted, since I'm positive it asked for a password or to use the array password when I formatted it initially. But it still didn't mount. So I restarted Unraid again, and when it started up, and I started the array, and the Cache drive mounted and appears to be recognized and working.

However, the data is all gone... the appdata and system shares both point to Cache. System contains a docker folder with a 21.5 GB img file saved in it. Appdata has nothing in it.

So is there still something going on that maybe it's just not seeing the data? Or did the data get deleted and I just lost all of my installed Dockers/settings/appdata?

Well that sucks... Unless switching around between File systems did an automatic format in the background, I did not format it again. The first time I did, it requires you to check a box that you want to format, and then you get a large pop-up warning about it, and you have to type "YES" to start the format. I didn't do any of that.

But I guess it's working, and I've learned my lesson and have already set up CA Backup/Restore Appdata

Thanks for the help!