QNAP QXG-5G1T-111C with AQC111C Chip Drivers

morph3us

Hello,

I am building my first ever Unraid Server and I am planning to use 2x QNAP QXG-5G1T-111C with Aquantia AQtion AQC111C Chipset.

Because my budget is realy tight and I already got the RJ45 CAT6 cables routed through my apartment, I cant go SFP and/or 10GbE. 10GbE would double the cost and 200-240 bucks would be 1/3 of my budget.

So before I sink 120bucks into this cards, can someone confirm that this cards work with Unraid? Are there drivers present for this cards? If not, is there a way I can get this drivers installed and work in Unraid?

I plan to make a direct connection from my workstation to the Unraid Server because I cannot afford a 5GBE switch either and no other PC requires a 5GBE connection. I plan to use the Onboard 2.5GBit Nic of the new Server for the rest of the network. Though it will only work on 1GBit because again I cant afford switches faster than 1Gbit.

As an alternative I can use the 2.5Gbit Nic of my workstation AND hopefully the 2.5Gbit Nic of the new Server as a direct connection. But than I need a working second add-in nic for the Server to connect to the rest of the network. Atlest 1GbE Nics are cheap.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, Xbgt1 said:

Did you ever get an answer on this?

I got an answer on reddit from someone who had this adapter. He tried it and it didnt work. I got 2 used ASUS XG-C100C 10GBe cards in the end. Which was a better deal anyway. If you have a very fast NVMe SSD as your Cache Drive you can saturate the SSD easily with this cards.

image.png.00901db2de101c1b120d175575b63222.png

As Lucanus pointed out the driver was the problem in the end.

The only downside to the card is that one of my PCIe Slots is blocked by it now. Which is not a problem if you have enough. But I have a MicroATX Server Build in a Fractal Design Node 804 and Slots are rare.