Partial torrent downloads

JonL

I'm running Unraid 6.1.9 with binhex-deluge (https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/binhex/arch-deluge/) and binhex-sickchill (https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/binhex/arch-sickchill/) docker containers, for torrent download of tv series.

Quite often, it will happen that torrent downloads will be partially downloaded or partially copied (I don't know which) to the destination directories. I only realize that there is a problem when I try to watch the downloaded file. If I then manually add the torrent file to deluge, it downloads completely. So I would wager that there's some problem with Sickchill (?????).

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any clues?

Thanks!

On 10/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, JonL said:

Quite often, it will happen that torrent downloads will be partially downloaded or partially copied (I don't know which) to the destination directories.

Make sure that the temporary download location isn't effected by mover. Only the completed downloads and destination folders should possibly be in a location that may be moved.

Test this theory by turning the mover schedule to a week, or something like that, and see if you get any partials.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 11:16 PM, jonathanm said:

Make sure that the temporary download location isn't effected by mover. Only the completed downloads and destination folders should possibly be in a location that may be moved.

Test this theory by turning the mover schedule to a week, or something like that, and see if you get any partials.

I checked and the share that contains the downloads is defined with Use with Cache Disk Only, so the mover shouldn't touch it.

But that share is defined with Enable Copy-on-write AUTO, so maybe this is the culprit? Probably I'll have to recreate the share with Copy-on-write disabled.