Fresh Setup, no eth0 - Realtek rtl8111f

Stavros

My main server is having issues so I wanted to temporarily migrate my array and UnRaid install to my Desktop machine. I did everything just fine and when using the same Flash I couldn't get a network connection. After thinking that the initial UnRaid setup was never done on this particular hardware, I decided to take a separate flash drive and get a fresh install to have that process go through. Unfortunately, I'm still faced with no eth0 or ipv4 being set. I've attached my diagnostics file, really looking forward to any insight as I'm dead in the water at the moment. 

I see that this was a known issue a few years back, according to this thread. https://forums.unraid.net/topic/45768-realtek-rtl8111g/

Hardware:

Motherboard: Asus ASUS B85M-E Micro ATX LGA1150

Onboard Realtek RTL8881F

A few specific questions

1. If I am able to get the network interface working, what files do I transfer from my old flash to the new one so that my UnRaid configuration carries over? Ideally I'd boot up and be right where I was before my prior server hardware failure

2. If I am unable to use this NIC, is there one that can be recommended to add to the desktop for compatibility? I'll hunt down locally to get back up ASAP

Thank you very much!

-Stavros

tower-diagnostics-20201105-0647-FRESH.zip

No NIC is being detected, check your BIOS to make sure it's enable.

11 hours ago, Stavros said:

1. If I am able to get the network interface working, what files do I transfer from my old flash to the new one so that my UnRaid configuration carries over?

Best to use the old flash or you'll need to transfer the license.

Thanks for the reply. I did verify that the NIC is enabled in BIOS and can confirm it's functional as it was in use as a Windows machine prior to transferring the drives into it. I've ordered an Intel based NIC that should be here today as it appears it's a Realtek driver issue.

Regarding the flash: I wasn't sure if there were any configuration files that were machine specific that would have conflicted with being present on the flesh while in a different machine. From what you're saying it sounds as if UnRaid is designed to be as machine agnostic as possible, which is awesome. As this is looking very much like a compatibility issue with the NIC driver, the flash drive should not be an issue it seems.