[SOLVED] can't find device "bond0"

Hello everyone. I am a rookie and very new to unraid OS which i am trying to use. After installing, i always find this message "can't find device bond0". I guess this error provented me from login to gui though an ip 169.254.x.x was given. Then i was trying to start to gui but in vain telling me connection problem.

I am using msi x99a sli plus motherboard and e5 2683v3. I have looked through its bios for any clue that might reult in the connection failure but also in vain.

Apprecite if anyone teaches me where it is wrong.

Edited by francishe

It would be useful to know if you logged in at the console and tried the ‘df’ command to see if the /boot mount point is showing.    Knowing the answer to that would help limit the possibilities.    If it IS showing then try using the ‘diagnostics’ command from the command line and post the file that would then be created in the ‘logs’ folder on the flash drive as that would give us something to work with.

1 hour ago, francishe said:

My feedback here.

Indeed the problem was caused by usb 3.0. After switching to usb 2.0, it booted with full firmware loaded and logged onto the gui. Thanks all.

Glad to hear that it is sorted.

I would love to know the exact reason why USB3 seems to fail for so many people (although not all).    In theory it should be fine but experience has shown this is often not the case.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] can't find device "bond0"