(SOLVED) Need Help - 2 drives are disabled after adding new drive

Mike2601

Hi,

Hopefully I am doing this correctly. This evening I tried to add a 2nd parity disk(12TB). The drive showed up in UNRAID, I added it as the 2nd parity and everything seemed fine. Started the array, the system started working on the new parity drive and I went to do some work in my VM. A few minutes in, the system hung. I looked at the drive listing in UNRAID, and both the original parity drive and my disk2 were showing as missing. I rebooted the system, and now they show up, but both are listed as disabled. I started the array in maintenance mode, did a SMART test on the 2 drives, and everything seemed fine. I tried to rebuild xfs on Disk2 and received the following error:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... superblock read failed, offset 0, size 524288, ag 0, rval -1 fatal error -- Input/output error

I removed the new parity disk and tried both new and old cables for both power and SATA on the drives that are disabled and still get the same response. Looking in the forums, what I can find is either outdated, or doesn't seem applicable to my situation. Not sure how to proceed to recover Disk2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

pokedex-diagnostics-20201116-0003.zip

Edited by Mike2601