Machine Check Events detected on your server

MrMister

Hi folks,

I've been having some issues with my server turning off sometimes and I got the Fix Common Problems notification

Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged

I did install mcelog and ran Diagonistics (attached here).

I'm not really sure what to look for here.

Running the latest Beta (Version: 6.9.0-beta35) on AMD (c state disbaled, nvidia driver instaled via new plugin).

I actually have some issues with VMs (complete Disk + GPU passthough with Windows Disk works) but e.g. new Linux VM with Seabios everyhting just freezes on the VMs tab, I need to reboot then. Not sure if i wanna mess with /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt (status not giving me output).
Also Disk passthrough with Linux VM (from encrypted Linux drive) is also not working when I attach the GPU (VNC works fine).

Really grateful for any help / feedback on the detected hardware defect.

Kind regards

homebase-diagnostics-20201124-1329.zip

4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

One possible cause is running the RAM out of spec, see here and stick to the max officially supported speeds for your config.

Thank you. I've been running this cfg for a year now but I'm happy to try [using the official XMP setting, nothing fancy 4 x 16 GB @ 3200 MHz]

What is super annoying to me is that libvirt just stops working. I can't get to the VM tab, virsh list --all times out. I can't enable / disable via VM Manager or rc.d/rc.libvirt. Everything else is working (all containers, plugins etc.)

Edited by MrMister
On 11/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, JorgeB said:

That's not official, with 4 dual rank DIMMs max officially supported RAM speed for that CPU is 2666Mhz, and Ryzen and known issues with overclocked RAM, including data corruption.

Does feel right. So many people are running 4 x 16 GB at 3600 MHz.
Turns out as soon as I use SeaBios libvirt crashes.