Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band

BLUETOOTH 5.0

I can pass it no problems via

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x44' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x09' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>

and the driver installs perfectly, the problem is that I dont see the BT part of the card.. it has its own IOMMU group but I dont see it as a multifunction device

[8086:2723] 44:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)

Thats the only thing unraid shows me and by installing the BT driver it does nothing..

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

15 hours ago, mkfelidae said:

That particular card exposes, (like most wifi/bluetooth cards) the bluetooth portion of the card as a USB device, check your USB devices and you should find one that is "intel bluetooth" or something, you have to pass that through separately.

oh thanks.. will check

I didn't see it in there either, I see you have several USB controllers bound to VFIO are those all going to one VM? or are they being passed to different VMs? The Intel AX200 chipset is designed to expose Wi-Fi over PCIe and bluetooth over USB, so unless Gigabyte did something strange with that chip it should have been connected to the rest of motherboard via both PCIe and USB.  Check the VMs those USB hubs are connected, you're looking for a USB device with the Vendor ID 8087:0029.  Hope this helps

• Like 1

Ok I pass through a pcie bluetooth/wifi card to my Big sur VM. I know it's not built-in but it has the usb device as well. For me to pass this thing through successfully I have to run the usb cord that is usually connected to a usb header on the motherboard and connect it to a passed through usb port. I use a usb header to usb port extension cord to get it done. Without doing this only the wifi would work on the card and the bluetooth would not work. I tried passing through the usb portion of the card but the bluetooth still would not show up.

1 hour ago, mkfelidae said:

I didn't see it in there either, I see you have several USB controllers bound to VFIO are those all going to one VM? or are they being passed to different VMs? The Intel AX200 chipset is designed to expose Wi-Fi over PCIe and bluetooth over USB, so unless Gigabyte did something strange with that chip it should have been connected to the rest of motherboard via both PCIe and USB.  Check the VMs those USB hubs are connected, you're looking for a USB device with the Vendor ID 8087:0029.  Hope this helps

im passing through all my controllers to other vms except for the one that has the unraid drive, gonna look for the one you say

50 minutes ago, david279 said:

Ok I pass through a pcie bluetooth/wifi card to my Big sur VM. I know it's not built-in but it has the usb device as well. For me to pass this thing through successfully I have to run the usb cord that is usually connected to a usb header on the motherboard and connect it to a passed through usb port. I use a usb header to usb port extension cord to get it done. Without doing this only the wifi would work on the card and the bluetooth would not work. I tried passing through the usb portion of the card but the bluetooth still would not show up.

mm no way to run any wire from my integrated but seems likely I wont be able to pass the BT :(

On 12/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, mkfelidae said:

found the bluetooth on my macOS vm lol.. gonna switch that controller to windows/linux and passs the other to mac

• 8 months later...

Did your network/bluetooth card work when you managed to pass it through properly? I have same wifi/bt card and I have passed both through to windows 10 vm, drivers are up to date but neither bluetooth or wifi wont actually work. I cannot discover wifi networks or bluetooth devices. 

23 minutes ago, Jalmari said:

Did your network/bluetooth card work when you managed to pass it through properly? I have same wifi/bt card and I have passed both through to windows 10 vm, drivers are up to date but neither bluetooth or wifi wont actually work. I cannot discover wifi networks or bluetooth devices. 

yes, everything works perfectly..