• 6.12.0-rc2 - Starting Array creates PANIC Error

b_tob
    • Minor

Hello everyone

posting first time in the English Section, so please bear with me. 😅

I upgraded to 6.12.0-rc2 a couple of weeks ago and created an ZFS pool for my appdata an domains share. Everything worked until last week when the server crashed. I tried to reboot the machine, but ever since, when I start the Array after the reboot, i get the following error (screen connected via HDMI):

ZEUS login: VERIFY3(size <= rt->rt_space) failed (281442915282944 <= 7946706944)
    PANIC at range_tree.c:436:range_tree_remove_impl()    

The GUI will then load indefinitely, until i turn the server off with the Power Swtich. Starting the Array in the Maintenance Mode does not create the error.

Someone in the german section of the forum pointed me to the following github site, but there are a lot of informations I don't really understand:

https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/11893

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this issue? 

zeus-diagnostics-20230423-1431.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There's a recent commit for this, update to rc4 when available since it will include latest openzfs, but not sure if the commit made it.

Hi Jorge

thanks for your reply. Does that mean i can not use my server until rc4 comes out? And is there any guarantiee that it will work with the latest release of openzfs?

11 hours ago, b_tob said:

Does that mean i can not use my server until rc4 comes out?

If it's a zfs bug not much else that can be done, other than possibly recreating the pool.

12 hours ago, b_tob said:

And is there any guarantiee that it will work with the latest release of openzfs?

Nope, not even sure the patch is included.

Any news on this ?

I'm on unRAID 6.12.4 and this morning my unRAID server crashed.

A Reboot brings de GUI back but after bringing the Array online the server gives the PANIC error and freezes with the GUI.

Some commands can be given via SSH but the zpool scrub command looks like it doesn't do anything anymore

49 minutes ago, nickboot said:

A Reboot brings de GUI back but after bringing the Array online the server gives the PANIC error and freezes with the GUI.

If a zfs pool has issues you should backup and recreate it.