We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×
  • [6.9 beta 35] Clicking on "check for updates" in docker page and f5ing causes webui to fail

Spiritreader
    • Minor

When I press "check for updates" in the docker tab and refresh the page while it's still updating, the webUI seems to partially hang.

The plugins page and unassigned devices pane no longer respond and it just shows an infinite unraid loading icon.

I am also no longer able to observe any progress when updating docker containers.

It just states "please wait..." in the update log and while the container is updated in the background (if you leave the window open long enough and close the page the container is updated afterwards) it still shows "please wait..."

The only way to fix it was to reboot the server, after that it started working again immediately.

Steps to reproduce:

• Switch to docker tab
    • Press "check for updates"
    • Refresh the browser page while the individual docker entries still say "checking for updates"

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You might want to provide your diagnostics with the problem happening in your next post. I doubt it is a wide spread issue considering the number of people using beta35 now, me included.

=> Tools / Diagnostics.

I am aware that this report is lacking, but not reporting at all is something I would've considered worse given that this did happen and isn't what I think should be intended behavior.

I will update as soon as I can take the server offline safely again. Unfortunately this is not a test system so I can't just play around with it willingly.

And yes, running beta on a production system isn't ideal but I had no choice given the whole DVB driver meltdown that happened.

Edited by Spiritreader