• Several issues with 6.10.0-rc2 (downgraded to 6.9.2)

Hoopster
    • Annoyance

This will not be a very useful report as I cannot get 6.10.0-rc2 diagnostics now since I have already downgraded to 6.9.2 but I will report what I saw in 6.10.0-rc2 that lead to the downgrade.  Some of these have already been reported.

• Server not showing up or disappearing from Windows network. I have netbios disabled on the server and SMB 1.0/CIFS disabled on all Windows clients.  I am using WSD.  WSDD2 appears to have problems and apparently quits running/fails to start causing the server to disappear or not even show up on a reboot.  All is well in 6.9.2
    • Moving between tabs is slow to display array info in dashboard and main tabs. It can take up to 10 seconds (usually 5-7 secs.) before the array info is displayed.  All is well in 6.9.2
    • Starting a terminal session will often not connect and just displays the message Press [enter key symbol] to connect.  Pressing the enter key does nothing.  All is well in 6.9.2
    • Random server lockups with no information in the syslog.  Exists in 6.9.2 as well and reports suggest it is related to 5.x linux kernels and the i915 driver

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There is little to go on here. The problems you describe regarding WSD and GUI I do not encounter. It sounds like there is some underlying issue with your system but hard to tell what it is.

12 hours ago, bonienl said:

There is little to go on here

Agreed.  There is virtually nothing to go on in my post.  Perhaps I will upgrade again and get some diagnostics.

I did see another bug report about WSDD2 crashing and thought I must have a similar issue.  My inability to access the server/shares via Windows only started with the 6.10.0-rc2 release.  The server just disappears from the Windows network (randomly?) on all my Windows clients or was often never there when I rebooted the server.

Same with the Terminal issues (6.10.0-rc2 only).  Most times it would never connect and just displayed "Press (Enter key symbol] to connect."  I have no such problems in 6.9.2.  If it did connect, it took an unusually long time to do so.  Perhaps somehow related to the slowness I saw in moving between tabs and reading array info in Dashboard and Main.

I have changed nothing on my network recently other than updating firmware on my Ubiquiti Unifi router, switches and APs.  That was done while running 6.10.0-rc1 with no adverse effects.

Edited by Hoopster