• Strange docker (tab) behaviour on 6.12.7-rc2

itimpi
    • Minor

I have just upgraded a server to the 6.12.7-rc2 release from 6.12.6.   When I rebooted to activate the update I found that docker had been set to no longer be enabled.    I then successfully re-enabled it and my containers are running.    However when I go to the Docker tab I get a banner across the top saying "Array must be Started to view Docker containers" despite the fact the array IS started and all dockers are running as expected and listed underneath the banner and can be operated on.

djw-unraid-diagnostics-20240214-0918.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You mean the docker service was initially disabled right?

Feb 14 08:50:27 DJW-UNRAID emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

IIRC this can make docker settings go back to defaults, including disabling the service

11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You mean the docker service was initially disabled right?

Feb 14 08:50:27 DJW-UNRAID emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

IIRC this can make docker settings go back to defaults, including disabling the service

Fair enough.   However I have had plenty of Unclean shutdowns on 6.12.6 which did not change the Docker service status from enabled to disabled.   I will do some testing in my test environment to see if I can reproduce this happening as it looks like new (albeit probably a good idea) behaviour to me.

However that does not explain the fact that after enabling the docker service I got the warning banner being displayed at the top of the Docker tab despite the fact that at that point the array is started and all docker containers appear to be working as normal.

I am going to try to do some more structured testing on this but thought I should get a report in in case others also experience it so we can see a pattern.

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

However that does not explain the fact that after enabling the docker service I got the warning banner being displayed at the top of the Docker tab despite the fact that at that point the array is started and all docker containers appear to be working as normal.

Yep, that would be a different issue, also saw this in your diags:

Feb 14 09:11:41 DJW-UNRAID emhttpd: shcmd (733): /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 20
    Feb 14 09:11:41 DJW-UNRAID root: Specified filename /mnt//system/docker/docker.img does not exist.

I've seen this before but don't now where this /mnt// comes from, docker still started though.

4 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Feb 14 09:11:41 DJW-UNRAID emhttpd: shcmd (733): /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 20
    Feb 14 09:11:41 DJW-UNRAID root: Specified filename /mnt//system/docker/docker.img does not exist.

I've seen this before but don't now where this /mnt// comes from, docker still started though.

Strange as obviously the docker.img file DOES exist (i.e. it is not a new one) as otherwise the containers would have needed their binaries reloading before they could be run.