• System unstable 6.12.0-rc4.1

ChronoStriker1
    • Closed

Right now I doubt the issue is due to being on the rc but as I am using it I figure I should post this here.  I had recently replaced most of the hardware on my unraid server but now it seems to be somewhat unstable.  The last "crash" happened probably an hour ago, its not really a crash, I have partial access, some dockers will still be running, my ssh session seems to stay up, but some applications (like htop) will just freeze.  I think I may loose /mnt/user at the time but Ive only been able to prove it once.  Things are usually so bad that I cant run diagnostics or even the shutdown or reboot commands.  This was way more prevalent (happening almost daily if not more often) when I first set the server up, but after changing a few hardware around (had a few bad sata cables and an HBA that seemed like it was having issues until I updated its firmware) it seemed like it went away, but I guess thats not the case.  I had run memtest but the memory had passed so Im kinda out of ideas.  Would appreciate anyones help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The motherboard seems like its going to be the hardest thing to rma since I cant find how to do an Advanced RMA through ASUS and as much as Im crashing I dont want to be without the server for at least 10 days.  Related though since I dont think its the ram i decided to just buy the ram that was sent as a replacement so I have 128GB now, which is nice.

OK ive replaced the board, so far it "feels" more stable but Im still seeing segfaults (it has not hard crashed on me as of yet).  Anyone mind talking a look at the diagnostics and a quick grab of my current syslog?

Edited by ChronoStriker1

It was the cpu and Intel has RMA'ed it.  Unfortunately the usb drive that I was using seems to have failed so I now have a licensing support ticket open with unraid, hopefully that can be taken care of relatively quickly.