• Web GUI 502 error after upgrade

sup3rb0wlz
    • Closed

I've been going through trying to diagnose some crashes with my unraid server. See the below link. But after updating to 6.5.1 I get a 502 bad gateway response from nginx after successfully loging in with BASIC auth. Below is a line from the nginx log and an last of /var/run. It looks to me like php5.sock is missing. Any idea why?

Apr  3 00:16:01 tower nginx: 2018/04/03 00:16:01 [crit] 15952#15952: *793 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.1.200, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.250", referrer: "http://192.168.1.250/Main"

root@tower:/var/log# ls /var/run
    acpid.pid      docker.sock=     nginx.origin   ntpd.pid       rsyslogd.pid   syslogd.pid
    acpid.socket=  dockerd.pid      nginx.pid      rpc.statd.pid  samba/         ttyd.sock=
    atd.pid        emhttpd.socket=  nginx.socket=  rpcbind/       sm-notify.pid  utmp
    dbus/          inetd.pid        nmbd.pid       rpcbind.lock   smbd.pid       winbindd.pid
    docker/        libvirt/         nscd/          rpcbind.sock=  sshd.pid

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For some reason php-fpm isn't running.  Try running this command to manually start it up:

/etc/rc.d/rc.php-fpm start

5 hours ago, eschultz said:

For some reason php-fpm isn't running.  Try running this command to manually start it up:

That failed with this error

Starting php-fpm /usr/sbin/php-fpm: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
     failed

(Side note: is there a guide anywhere on forum formatting?)

Edited by sup3rb0wlz

root@tower:~# diagnostics
    /usr/bin/php: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

See the dilema? haha.

Edited by sup3rb0wlz

How did you do the upgrade?

System log is what I really need to see.  You can copy to root of flash device like this:

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

Then get syslog.txt off the flash device.

I upgraded from the web gui, update OS in tools i believe and selected "Next" 

Edited by sup3rb0wlz

Thanks for the log but it doesn't tell me anything because it's filled with error messages.  Probably in /var/log there are other syslog files, ie, syslog.1 maybe even syslog.2.

But no matter, probably one of the bz* files in the root of the flash got corrupted.  To fix this unfortunately, you need to plug flash device into PC, download the release zip file, and then manually copy over all the files that start with 'bz' in the zip to the flash device.  Here's the direct link to the release zip:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/next/unRAIDServer-6.5.1-rc3-x86_64.zip

While you have the flash plugged in PC it's a good idea to right-click/Tools and check the file system.

After manually copying over the bz I still get the 502 

If I copy /boot/previous back to /boot and reboot everything works great.

Here's the log after restoring to previous too

Edited by sup3rb0wlz

Please try either removing that DevPack plguin or boot in 'safe mode' (which will prevent plugin from installing) and see if that solves the problem.