• [6.10.0] - NVME Drive is unmountable and repair of Btrfs in GUI does not help

koaly
    • Solved Annoyance

Hi guys, I have upgraded from 6.10 rc7 to 6.10.0 and immediately got my NVME drive with all docker containers unmountable.

Array started, but this drive did not. It says: "Unmountable: wrong or no file system"

I tried repairing the Btrfs in the Maintenance mode using GUI, but it also does not work, reporting that it cannot open the file system.

Please advise if there is a chance to make it working. I would not like to format the drive and re-install all the dockers.

Screenshots and diagnostics are in the attachment.

Thanks in advance!

Btrfs Unmountable.jpg

No Btrfs - repair does not work.jpg

koaly-tower-diagnostics-20220519-1835.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There's no valid btrfs filesystem on that device, like if the device was wiped, are you sure you're not leaving anything out?

If it was really btrfs you can try this, with the array stopped:

btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/nvme0n1p1

If the command is successful start the array to see if it mounts.

@JorgeB Many thanks for the help! It works now. The output is showed on the screenshot.

What happened with btrfs on the nvme drive during the OS upgrade?

Cache drive is also btrfs, but it survived somehow.    

btrfs repaired.jpg

11 hours ago, koaly said:

What happened with btrfs on the nvme drive during the OS upgrade?

Didn't the device name change when you updated? I also have the same NVMe device and the name changed when updating to the initial v6.10.0-rc releases, it then changed back with -rc8 or later when it was corrected, if yours also changed and depending on how you handled that you might have wiped the device accidentally, symptom is consistent with wipefs being run on it, can't see how just upgrading would do that, but glad it's solved.

26 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Didn't the device name change when you updated? I also have the same NVMe device and the name changed when updating to the initial v6.10.0-rc releases, it then changed back with -rc8 or later when it was corrected, if yours also changed and depending on how you handled that you might have wiped the device accidentally, symptom is consistent with wipefs being run on it, can't see how just upgrading would do that, but glad it's solved.

The device name did not change and it worked well after upgrade from 6.9 up to 6.10 rc7. I do not remember whether the ID changed, but it could. Nevertheless I did not do any drive wipe or anything. By the first reboot after the upgrade from RC to Stable Unraid failed to load and I did not have a chance to see what happened, because even HDMI showed nothing.   

56 minutes ago, koaly said:

The device name did not change

That's interesting, do you mind posting the output of:

udevadm info -q property -n /dev/nvme0n1