• [6.10.1] failed to connect to the hypervisor after 6.10 upgrade

gemino
    • Solved

Hi,

Please help. 

I started receiving the following error messages in the console after upgrading to 6.10 (further upgrade to 6.10.1 changed nothing):

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
    error: Operation not supported: Cannot use direct socket mode if no URI is set

1899136146_ScreenShot2022-05-23at11_57_31.thumb.png.5bd3f4c54f277ec4f2dfa881d8b984af.png

TROUBLESHOOTING SO FAR:

• I stopper the VMs and Docker - checked all paths and drives. All seems to be OK.
    • I deleted the VMs completely - no change.
    • I removed unneeded docker containers - no change. All containers seem to be running ok.
    • Checked the cache drives and shares - all OK.

Diagnostics file attached.

whitefox-diagnostics-20220523-1133.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Is it the same if you boot in safe mode?

Now I got another message, but I guess it's due to the fact that ZFS plug-in is not loaded.

Since the hypervisor errors are gone - it must be one of the plugins, right?

1187202181_ScreenShot2022-05-23at14_53_28.thumb.png.a81bbb68fb922a5449c5b6775ae3a8f0.png

"Failed to connect to Hypervisor" is from the VM Backup plugin, and it's because the VM service isn't started when the plugin is being installed during boot - Nothing to worry about.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, Squid said:

"Failed to connect to Hypervisor" is from the VM Backup plugin, and it's because the VM service isn't started when the plugin is being installed during boot - Nothing to worry about.

@Squid do you happen to know if the second error message, "error: Operation not supported: Cannot use direct socket mode if no URI is set", is also coming from the VM Backup plugin?  I also have both these error messages.  Do you know if there's anything I can do to suppress these messages on boot (aside from uninstalling the plugin)?  I'll check plugin support too, see if there's anything there.  Thanks!

Yes it would be that plugin related.  And it's not an issue.  It happens during boot up as the plugin isn't considering the fact that when it reinstalls itself the VMs aren't yet enabled