• [6.11.0] array not being decrypted on startup

Autchirion
    • Solved Minor

I just updated to 6.11.0, until now placing the keyfile to decrypt the array in root at startup (scp command in the go file) would decrypt the array on startup.

The go file is the same and the key file is in the current location. The array still won’t decrypt on startup.

[edit]switched back to 6.10.3 immediately started working again

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had the same problem.  

Another issue is that if I delete the key, using the ui button, the old options to manually enter the decryption key and start the array is missing.

**Rolling back now to verify that everything is working again

** Roll back allowed me to decrypt the drives without problem

Edited by g0li4th

I've had the same issue. After spending a lot of time on this, I've figured that upgrade to 6.11.0 somehow disabled array auto start. After setting "Settings" / "Disk Settings" / "Enable auto start" back to "yes", it auto decrypts again.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, howyoulikethat said:

My question is what does the "Permit Reformat" checkbox next to it do? There is zero documentation on that.

Checking this will let array Start and all devices which cannot be luksOpen'ed will appear as 'Unformatted' where you could then Reformat.  Of course you would only do this for devices that you know do not contain data you need.

Nothing changed in this area of the code, but really need diagnostics in order to tell what's happening.  i believe our diagnostic gathering script will anonymize commands in 'go' to fetch the keyfile but you could verify this first.

I just gathered the files, would it be possible to provide these to you in a not public way? I know you do your best to anonymize, but I don't want the meta information and probable oversights out in the public.